Students come to Linux Academy from all across the globe, each with varying skill sets and experience levels. Some students know exactly the course (or courses) they want to take, while others are looking for guidance or a starting point. Navigating the certification/e-learning landscape can be confusing, with many different courses and content from which to choose. Have you ever asked yourself one (or more) of the following questions?
- Where do I start?
- What course is right for me?
- What course should I take next?
- What “path” is best?
- What course should I take first, as a prerequisite?
- I don’t need a to get a certification, what other types of courses do you offer to learn new skills?
To help answer those questions, I present to you the Linux Academy Visual Course Guide.
Certification Prep Courses
Professional certifications are a great asset that lets the world know about your skill sets and proficiency level. Pursuing a certification is a fantastic way to study, learn and practice new skills, while also demonstrating your motivation and desire for continuous learning – all of which managers and recruiters love to see.
At Linux Academy, we currently offer 18 certification prep courses (with two more coming soon), spread across the areas of Linux, AWS, cloud and DevOps.
If You Have No Experience: Start here
Course: LPI Linux Essentials Certification Exam Prep Course:
This hands-on course is designed to teach you the fundamentals and basic usage of Linux. Start here and, in no time at all, you will be managing servers in the cloud.
Course: CompTIA Cloud Essentials Certification Exam Prep Course:
This conceptual course is specifically designed to teach you the fundamentals of cloud computing, touching on its structure, components and how and why it is used.
With the skills and knowledge learned in these two courses, you will be prepared to tackle higher-level courses and certifications, take on new job responsibilities and have two new, valuable items to put on your resume.
If You Have Experience or Have Completed the Cloud and Linux Essentials Courses
It is time to join the big leagues and go after a higher-level certification!
Cloud Certification Courses:
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect (Associate)
- AWS Certified Developer (Associate)
- AWS Certified SysOps Admin (Associate)
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect (Professional)
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer (Professional)
Linux Certification Courses:
- LPI/CompTIA LX0-103 and 104 (2-in-1)
- LPI LPIC-2 201 (202 coming soon)
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator
- Red Hat Certified Engineer
- Linux Foundation Certified System Administrator Exam Prep Course (LFCS)
- Linux Foundation Certified Systems Engineer Exam Prep Course (LFCE)
OpenStack/DevOps Certification Courses:
- Mirantis Certified Open Stack Administrator MCA100
- OpenStack Foundation Certified OpenStack Administrator (COA)
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator in OpenStack EX210
- Puppet 203 – System Administration Using Puppet
Not sure what certification if right for you or your career? Our instructors are available to answer any questions you have about where to start or what course to take next.
Non-Certification Skill Development Course
Maybe you already have a few certifications or perhaps just aren’t interested in getting one. As an alternative to the longer certification prep courses, Linux Academy offers a wide range of non-certification courses designed to be more specific and in-depth in one particular area of application. Below, we have created a “mind-map” style diagram for each of our main teaching categories. In each diagram, the courses are categorized by skill group so you can easily find the courses that match up the skill set that you want to learn or improve.
Linux Non-Certification Skill Development Courses
Cloud Non-Certification Skill Development Courses
DevOps Non-Certification Skill Development Courses
Big Data Non-Certification Skill Development Courses
I hope that displaying our course catalog in this manner helps you gain a better understanding of our course offerings. Our goal is to help guide you through your learning and skill development goals. We want to make the process of determining where to start or selecting a “next course” as easy as possible.