Our Customer Success team partners with our enterprise students to help deliver the best training experience possible. With 220+
Meet Kim, our Customer Success Operations Manager, below and see why she loves working at Linux Academy.
Currently listening to: “Palms” by Thrice
1. What do you do at Linux Academy?
My current job title is Customer Success Operations Manager. I’ve been with Linux Academy since January 2017.
2. What did you do before this?
I worked in Sales/Account Management for a couple different SaaS providers prior to joining Linux Academy.
3. What do you like most about what you do?
I love being involved in different projects that allow me to share the knowledge I’ve gained and that challenge me to grow and learn something new.
4. What’s your favorite part of working at Linux Academy?
I love the amazing people I work with. They challenge me to grow, help teach me many new things, and make working at Linux Academy fun!
5. How do you live out one of our core five missions?
“We support others in their mission to learn and grow.” I love partnering and building relationships with the different companies that use Linux Academy. Building those relationships has allowed me to get some great feedback on improvements/suggestions to our platform and when I follow up, I love when I hear “Wow, you remembered that?” or “Thank you for going above and beyond.”
6. What are you currently learning?
DIY projects. I’m currently learning about the different types of woods, what they’re best used for, etc. I try to learn as much as I can before jumping into building something like a workbench.
7. What do you like to do in your free time?
I love going to concerts, traveling, going on random adventures, and binge watching a good TV show.
8. Favorite food?
9. Favorite quote and why?
“A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him” – David Brinkley
10. What’s something you’re really excited about right now (not work related)?
I get to go see one of my favorite bands of all time (Thrice) in November at a home show in Anaheim, CA, and I will definitely get to go backstage and possibly get to enjoy part of the show from the side stage!
12. What do you like to collect?
I recently inherited my Dad’s stamp collection. I look forward to geeking out and going through them soon.
12. If you could have any superpower, what would it be, and why?
The ability to freeze time. There just aren’t enough hours in the day to do everything!
13. You’re a new addition to the crayon box, what color would you be and why?
I would be a pink crayon that actually colors black because those are my favorite colors and I think it’d be fun to mix them together like that.
14. Teach us something we may not know in ten sentences or less.
Most people hold a guitar wrong where you can see their thumb sticking out above the neck. Your thumb is actually supposed to be in the middle of the neck when you hold it as this alleviates the strain that causes carpal tunnel and gives more range to your fingers on the strings. Just remember, “C is for cookie and cookie is for guitar.”
15. If you could interview one person (dead or alive), who would it be?
16. What’s one thing on your bucket list?
Have adventures on the different continents. I have three left – scuba dive the Great Barrier Reef, do a horseback safari in Africa, and go kayaking and dance with penguins in Antarctica.