We support others in their mission to learn and grow and are making changes to give our students more ways to learn what they need to succeed.
This month of July is a huge one because not only will we be adding over 150 new hands-on content to our training library but we’ve added 11 new courses and 1 Hands-On Lab to our free Community Membership for a limited time only! Improve your skills in AWS, Salt, Google Cloud, Docker and more while this content is available for free.
Included with Community Membership: July 1 – August 1, 2018
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner – Get prepared to take the AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner exam, and learn the foundations of cloud computing and AWS, including its primary services, benefits, and use cases.
- Building Serverless Chatbots with Lex – Build out a serverless alerting chatbot application using AWS. Learn and walk through everything required to develop and deploy the chatbot using AWS Lambda, Amazon Lex, and a few other AWS services.
- Using Salt for Configuration Management and Orchestration – Learn how to use Salt (SaltStack) to work with Linux-based infrastructure.
- Google App Engine Deep Dive – Learn how to use Google App Engine, when App Engine is an appropriate choice, which App Engine environment to choose and how to build an app and then manage it.
- Docker Deep Dive (Legacy) – Explore Docker from the very basics of installation and function to an in-depth review of the use cases and advanced features.
Included with Community Membership: July 1 – October 1, 2018
- AWS Concepts – New to AWS? Get a simple, conceptual introduction to the concepts of Cloud Computing, Amazon Web Services, and it’s core services.
- The DevOps Pipeline Hands-On Lab – create a DevOps pipeline all the way from making a code change to deploying that change to a production environment.
- Elastic Stack Essentials – Get an introductory overview of Elastic Stack’s core services (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, Beats), features, terms, and basic administration.
- Mastering Systemd – explore the history of this Linux subsystem and why we have it now. Learn how to use systemd to create your own service files, and see how much simpler it is to use compared to the older init system.
- Build Your Own Linux from Scratch – Learn how the Linux kernel interoperates with glibc (and the rest of the binary toolchain), and how various software packages rely on the kernel and glibc to provide interfaces and services, as well as the “why” behind many of the features and idiosyncrasies of the Kernel and glibc.
- SQL Primer – Learn how to structure SQL statements, create databases, manage access, create tables, insert and update data, create indexes and more.
- LPI Linux Essentials – Learn the basic concepts of processes, programs and the components of the Linux operating system. Gain an understanding of open source applications in the workplace, and learn to navigate systems on a Linux desktop rudimentary commands to navigate the Linux command line.
As a community member, you’ll have free access to the course videos only, sign up for a full membership to get unlimited access to the comprehensive Practice Exams/Quizzes and Hands-On Labs that go along with each course. Deploy a cloud server or environment and learn by performing actions in the live environments, themselves, to truly master your new skills!
Don’t forget to join us as we launch new hands-on training throughout the month of July! We’re hosting a huge giveaway (enter here). We’ve got some swag to give out during the show and we’ll also be joined by some industry experts in AWS, Chef, Jupiter Broadcasting, and more throughout the live show! Develop your skills now! Sign up and get FREE access today.