Get Started with Kubernetes – What and Why
You’ve undoubtedly heard of Kubernetes or seen k8s. It’s one of the most important Open Source platform innovations designed to automate deploying, scaling, and operating application containers.
Kubernetes is used on multiple clouds and is one of the largest Open Source communities on GitHub. There are many reasons for its popularity:
- It’s portable – so you can use it in a single cloud type or across multiple clouds or combinations of clouds.
- It’s extensible – which means it is modular in nature, is pluggable, and you can write hooks for it.
- It’s self-healing – so you can implement auto-placement, auto-restart, auto-replication, and auto-scaling to your infrastructure to minimize downtime.
As companies increasingly rely on Kubernetes as their platform of choice for deploying containers, it’s a great time to familiarize yourself with the technology!
Get Started with Kubernetes Through Our Training Courses
This course is an adaptation of Kelsey Hightower’s open source guide, Kubernetes the Hard Way, and it walks you through the process of manually bootstrapping a Kubernetes cluster. Gain a deeper understanding of the details of Kubernetes and learn how to do the following as you build your own cluster from scratch:
- Provision TLS certificates
- Generate kubeconfigs
- Configure Kubernetes data encryption
- Set up a Kubernetes control plane
- Bootstrap worker nodes
- Access the cluster remotely using kubectl
- Configure networking
Get prepared for the Certified Kubernetes Administrator exam by learning all of the objectives listed by the Cloud Native Foundation, including:
- Application Lifecycle Management
- Cluster Maintenance
- Core Concepts
- Installation, Configuration, and Validation
Learn how to use Kubernetes as a tool to solve complex, everyday problems with more than 45 videos of in-demand course material, exercises in live Kubernetes environments, 90 quiz questions to practice what you’ve learned, and a comprehensive, hands-on final exam using our customized Kubernetes cloud server distribution just for this Course!
The CI/CD Pipeline has become an integral part of DevOps culture. There are a variety of tools and techniques for implementing such a pipeline. This course will provide you with a hands-on experience of building out a CI/CD pipeline from start to finish. It begins with source control management and ends with a fully-orchestrated pipeline using Jenkins and Kubernetes, complete with self-healing, autoscaling, and canary testing functionality.
This course will take you from the basics of Terraform to more advanced deployments that will allow you to create masterful Terraform deployments of your own involving Docker, AWS, Kubernetes, and other technologies that are capable of utilizing the benefits of Infrastructure as Code or IaC.
Get Started with Kubernetes Through Our Hands-On Labs
- Bootstrapping a Kubernetes Control Plane
- Bootstrapping an etcd Cluster for Kubernetes
- Generating Kubeconfigs for a New Kubernetes Cluster
- Setting Up Kubernetes Networking with Weave Net
- Smoke Testing a Kubernetes Cluster
- Generating a Data Encryption Config for Kubernetes
- Setting Up a Frontend Load Balancer for the Kubernetes API
- Bootstrapping Kubernetes Worker Nodes
- Creating a Certificate Authority and TLS Certificates for Kubernetes
- Deploying kube-dns in a Kubernetes Cluster
- Configuring Kubectl to Access a Remote Cluster