At Linux Academy, we have the most extensive learn-by-doing library of cloud training and the largest on-staff training team in the e-learning market. Our training team is the key to our course success, especially when it comes to Azure. This year, Microsoft has made it hard to keep up. They have had multiple cancellations, and closed several Azure exams that were less than 3 months old! These constant changes would make it impossible for contract authors to make courses, as with each major change and close, the course needs to be revamped or remade. With our on-staff team, we can pivot as changes are announced. Thanks to this flexibility, we have been hard at work keeping up with the changes in Azure, and are happy to announce that in the past 2 weeks we have launched a new load of Azure Hands-On Labs!
Now, we know there has been some confusion in the industry around what Hands-On Labs are. At Linux Academy:
Hands-On labs are real environments created by industry experts to help you learn by doing. These environments give you knowledge and experience you won’t see in a standalone video. You can practice without compromising your system, test without risk, and destroy without fear, as you learn from your mistakes. Our Hands-On Labs are designed to ensure your skills are polished before delivering in the real world.
On top of what we’ve already put out, we are also launching new hands-on labs and Azure courses almost weekly. To do this, we bolstered our Azure team and are continuing to hire Azure experts. While we already have 89 courses and hands-on labs in our Azure category, that number is going to climb even higher during the next few months! Here are some of our Azure hands-on labs that are currently out and ready for you to use:
- Use Azure CLI to Change VM Networking
- Intro to Using Azure Blob Storage
- Provision a SQL Data Warehouse Instance in Azure
- Applying Tags to VMs in Azure Using Powershell
- Creating an Action Group in Azure
- Securing Storage with Acces Keys and Shared Access Signatures in Microsoft Azure
- Modifying a Storage Account and Setting Blog Container to Immutable
- Configuring Content Delivery Network (CDN) Endpoints in Microsoft Azure
- Utilizing AzCopy to Copy Files from On-Premises to Azure Storage Accounts
- Creating and Mounting Azure File Shares
- Creating an Azure Scale Set
- Attaching a Custom Disk to an Existing VM in Microsoft Azure
- Configuring Azure Backups
- Adding a Network Interface to a VM in Azure
- Configuring an Azure VNet-to-VNet VPN Gateway
If you’re looking to start a new learning path or continue advancing your Azure skills, we have a course for you. We’re excited to continue to give you the most comprehensive content, created by our full-time experts. Let us know what courses you’re most excited about and continue to follow on social media for the latest updates.
Azure Cloud Sandbox is Now Available on Linux Academy Cloud Playground!
If learning labs weren’t enough then you’ll love this. We just officially launched our Azure Cloud Sandbox on Linux Academy Cloud Playground! It joins the AWS Cloud Sandbox and Google Cloud Sandbox that are already available. See how it works and try it for yourself!
What is the Azure Cloud Sandbox From Linux Academy?
Cloud Playground is another innovative lab feature by Linux Academy. Within seconds you can spin-up up to 9 Linux Virtual Machines. Need a Windows VM? It does that too! With AWS or Google Cloud sandboxes, you can get instant access to a Cloud Environment with no need for an external account and no risk of extra costs! All found in the Playground on the main navigation.