Hi, I’m Anna, COO of Linux Academy. Anthony is out on some much-needed vacation, but that’s not going to stop us from updating you on everything new in this Linux Academy Monthly Update.
We’ve performed a platform update to make quizzes more enjoyable. We’ve updated our quiz pages with more information, and changed their layout to look more like the rest of our platform! So, if you haven’t taken a quiz recently, check one out and let us know what you think of the changes! Here are some of the most recent quizzes you can use to check out the updates:
We also have a series of new practice exams:
We could talk about all of the labs we’ve launched in the past month, but instead, we want to hear from you! We love getting stories about how Hands-On Labs have enabled our users to reach their career goals. If you have stories like that, leave them in the comments for this blog, or in the comments section on our YouTube channel for this month’s video. Who knows, you may get some gems if we choose your story for an upcoming monthly update.
Also, while we aren’t going in-depth over our newly launched labs, we do want to show you all of the awesome new ones we just recently deployed:
- Inspecting Stackdriver Admin Activity Audit Logs
- Configuring Azure Storage for Backups
- Configuring On-Premises MARS
- Backup and Recovery Using RSync
- Securing a Virtual Network with Azure Firewall
- Ensuring Compliance with Azure Policies
- Enabling Always Encrypted in Azure SQL
- Create an SMS Alerting Policy with Stackdriver
- MXNet Basic Classification (AWS SageMaker)
- Scikit-Learn Random Forest Classifier (AWS SageMaker)
- TensorFlow/Keras Basic Image Classifier (AWS SageMaker)
- Ad-Hoc Ansible Shell Scripts
- Using Ansible Firewalls Rules
- Ansible Archiving
- Ansible Cron
- Tackling Ansible Scheduling with the at Command
- Increasing Ansible Security
- Using SQL to Retrieve Data
- Using SQL to Change Data
- Using SQL to Manage Database Objects
- Provisioning a Cosmos DB Instance in Azure
- Provisioning a Gen 2 Azure Data Lake
- Trigger an AWS Lambda Function from an S3 Event
Completed Early Access Courses
We know there are times when it would be incredibly valuable to you to get a course as soon as possible, even before it’s fully completed. That’s why we offer Early Access courses. We don’t currently have any early access courses available, but we did finalize four courses last month. Here are the most recent completed early access courses:
Red Hat Certified Specialist in Ansible Automation (EX407) Preparation Course – Though most of the objectives on the exam are still the same, Red Hat has added one new section, so we updated the course with a new section of our own to cover those changes. It also includes six new hands-on labs!
- Using Azure for Disaster Recovery Quick Start – This course is intended for those of you who work at an organization that’s not yet ready to transition fully to the cloud but still want to see how you could benefit from using something like Azure in regards to disaster recovery.
- SQL Deep Dive – SQL is a powerful language for working with data. Whether you’re a programmer, sysadmin, DBA, or analyst, mastering SQL is an asset to your career, and this course is designed to help you on that journey.
- Google Cloud Stackdriver Deep Dive – Stackdriver is an essential monitoring tool, and in this course, you will not only learn what it is but how to use it to monitor Error Reporting and stay on top of your Application Performance Management in general.
We know you love swag, so we have another week of swag giveaway winners! Thank you to those who subscribed to our YouTube channel and took advantage of the giveaway. On this month’s YouTube video, keep your eye on the bottom of the screen to see if you’re one of the lucky winners, and don’t forget to submit again for another chance in November’s update!
Here is the new T-shirt you can win if you enter our Swag Giveaway.
To enter to win, you need to:
- Have a Linux Academy account (free or paid).
- Be subscribed to our YouTube channel.
- Fill out the entry form.
- Watch the Monthly Updates to confirm you’ve won.
- You will have a week from when the monthly update episode went live to respond.
- Email email@example.com with your youtube name and LA account email address along with your shipping address, and we’ll get the shirt out to you asap.
We’ll see you next month!