Rackspace is a global leader in IT services that helps businesses tap into the power of cloud computing and provides managed hosting services across public and private clouds. “Rackers” (Rackspace employees) deliver expert advice and integrated managed services across public and private clouds, managed hosting, and enterprise applications.
Training dispersed teams had been a challenge for Rackspace for numerous reasons. A couple of major factors — expensive, time-consuming off-site training combined with employees working in multiple time zones — led to Rackers finding cloud training on their own. The result? Inconsistent skill levels across teams.
With their success based on delivering technical expertise and support to their customers, Rackspace looked to Linux Academy to provide engaging training and equip employees with the knowledge and skills needed to proactively solve customer problems and meet customer service level agreements.
Linux Academy Helps Standardize Cloud Training Globally
Through cost-effective, centralized cloud training, Rackspace was able to:
- Maintain cloud expertise and stay ahead of the technology curve
- Train dispersed teams in one centralized solution
- Keep employees engaged through continuous training and skills building
- Provide online training with hands-on labs in live cloud environments, cloud servers, quizzes, and more tools
- Increase employee certifications
“As a result of using Linux Academy, we have increased our AWS certifications month over month by 50% in the past six months. This is a huge achievement [and will enable us] to better support our customers globally.”
Rackspace at a Glance
- More than 6,600 Rackers operating in over 30 locations worldwide
- Serves more than 170,000 business customers in over 120 countries
- Linux Academy client since August 2015
- 70% of Rackers say they work more effectively as a result of Linux Academy