Here at Linux Academy, we love student success stories. So we were delighted to discover that Linux Academy student Mark Lewis recently obtained all 8 AWS certifications in one year! As you can probably imagine, it took a lot of preparation.
When Mark saw how important AWS is becoming in the industry, he decided to get the 5 AWS certifications that were available at the time. When the 3 specialty certifications were released, he decided to get those, too. Although Mark wasn’t completely new to AWS, it still took a lot of work to earn all 8 certifications.
Here’s the order Mark took the certification exams in:
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional
- AWS Certified Sysops Administrator
- AWS Certified Developer – Associate
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional
- AWS Certified Big Data Specialty
- AWS Certified Advanced Networking Specialty
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
Are you planning to get an AWS certification (or 8)? Learn the tips and tools Mark used to earn all 8 certifications — including developing his AWS skills at Linux Academy. Find out how Mark prepared for the exams, the prep time needed for each exam, what it’s like to take the exams, and more in the interview below: