Time required: 2 Hours
Follow along with the video to explore how environment and shell variables are set and referenced on a Linux system.
In this lab, you will be presented with a CentOS 6 server. Use this to follow along with the concepts relating to environment and shell variables and files covered in the accompanying video or guide.
1. Display all variables and their settings
2. Display only shell related variables and settings
3. Display only environment variables and settings
4. Explore the current values of key environment variables
5. Change environment variables correctly and observe their new values