Time required: 3 Hours
NOTE: In labs where you are provided with TWO Lab Servers for these scenarios, you will only see the public and private IPs for ONE of them. You must use the displayed public IP to connect to BOTH servers. Server one will be displayed, in order to SSH to server two, you must connect first to the public IP on server one and then SSH from there to the private IP for server two (see example in the videos and guide). Again, this will ONLY apply to scenarios where you have two lab servers involved (which you will be told in your Lab Guide document as well as the first scenarion video).
You will use the course objectives to deploy and test a server used for local email delivery.
In this lab, we will install and configure a Postfix email server for local delivery and then test the server by sending messages to local users.
1. Install the Postfix email server
2. Explore the server configuration file
3. Configure the server for local email delivery
4. Install client software to test our configuration
5. Send test emails
6. Explore the mail spool and delivery
7. Identify and review email logs